1. It remains mandatory for every person to wear a face mask that covers their nose and mouth at all times when in public spaces. It is a criminal offence not to do so.
2. The hours of curfew will start at 11pm and end at 4am.
3. Non-essential establishments like restaurants, bars and fitness centres will need to close by 10pm.
4. All gatherings will be limited to a maximum of 100 people indoors and 250 people outdoors. Where the venue is too small to accommodate these numbers with appropriate social distancing, then no more than 50 per cent of the capacity of the venue may be used.
5. Funerals remain restricted to no more than 100 people, and, as before, night vigils, after- funeral gatherings and ‘after-tears’ gatherings are not allowed.
This includes religious services, political events and social gatherings, as well as restaurants, bars, taverns and similar places.
“While the country is headed towards a third wave of infections, we do not yet know how severe this wave will be or for how long it will last,” the President said.