- Government has launched Freedom Month under the theme: “Consolidating and
Safeguarding Our Democratic Gains”.
- Freedom month provides an opportunity to reflect on the country’s journey in
transforming our society, while also examining our challenges.
- Government is using this year’s celebration to build towards the 30th anniversary of
- Great strides have been made since 1994. The latest Stats SA Household Survey
(2021), paints a picture of improvement; such as 89.3% of households being
connected to the national grid, and more households have access to improved
sanitation and clean piped water amongst other gains.
- Government is cognizant of the challenges and assures South Africans that improving
service delivery is a top priority.
- Let us celebrate the many gains we have made while also being true to ourselves in
terms of the many obstacles and challenges that we face as a country.